AVANY - Calendar of Events
AVANY - RSVP April 15 ,2017
April 26, 2017 Wednesday 6:00p - 8:00p
(Registration & Dinner at 5:30 pm and Presentation at 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm)
Venue: Terrace On The Park
5211 111th Street
Flushing Meadows Park, NY 11368
“Placing PIV Catheters Under the Light Using NIR Technology”
Speaker: Gregory Schears, MD
Sponsored by: Christie Medical Holdings
1. Identify risks associated with Peripheral Intravenous (PIV) Cathete
2. Discuss changes in standards and guidelines impacting practice
3. Explore the evolving practices in PIV management and risk
"Securing the perfect storm" a case study on assessment, tunneling, guide wire techniques, navigation and securement.”
Speaker: Matthew Ostroff, MSN, AGACNP-BC, VABC, CRNI
Sponsored by: SecureAcath
1. Analyze assessment techniques for unique patient presentations.
2. Applying alternative techniques for insertion and threading.
3. Discuss challenges to securing vascular access devices.
4. Critique the phrase, "right device" and explore how this can assist a hospital based program.
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/association-for-vascular-access-new-york-metro-network-avany-ce-dinner-meeting-april-262017-tickets-33445653851#tickets
2 CEU's Provided
All meetings for 2017 will be at a Restaurant.
Mark Your Calendars! Don't miss our next event.
April 26, 2017 Wednesday Queens, Long/Island Border
June 22, 2017 Thursday, Long Island NY
August 24, 2017 Thursday, Bronx NY
October 19, 2017 Thursday, Westchester NY
December 7, 2017 Thursday, Manhattan NY
Two Speakers each meeting
AVANY membership fees:
January 1, 2017 - December 31- 2017:
$ 40.00/yr (Health Care Professionals)
$ 50.00/yr (Industry)
Non -members $17.00 each meeting
Please follow registration link below:
Please feel free to download registration and bring it to the meeting to apply for 2017 AVANY membership
Click to download REGISTRATION Form